CM3 Cavity Drain Membrane: Rapid Damp-proofing and Waterproofing Solution
The CM3 Cavity Drain Membrane is a high quality, 3mm studded membrane from Wykamol, designed for Type C waterproofing or damp-proofing. It helps to create a grade 3 environment according to BS8102:2009 and NHBC Chapter 5.4, turning damp or wet spaces into dry, habitable areas.
Efficient and Versatile
- Ideal for fast-track flooring applications as a damp barrier.
- Part of a type C cavity drain membrane system, in line with BS8102:2009.
- Easy to install with minimal preparation required for wall and floor surfaces.
- Easily cut down using a sharp blade and folded around windows and doors.
- No drying out process needed – redecoration can occur immediately.
- Suitable for walls, floors, vaults, tunnels, and both above and below ground level.
Robust and Resilient
- Causes little or no damage to the existing structure.
- Resistant to both low and high temperatures.
- Waterproof, salt inhibiting, root and contaminate resistant.
- High quality structural waterproofing material with a choice of stud height for different drainage capacities and applications.
- Requires fixing using Wykamol CM Plaster Plugs or CM Brick Plugs, with studs facing the wall.
- Recommended application of Wykamol Microsealer to prevent lime efflorescence and dusting.
- Seal the membrane at the flanges with Wykamol Tape.
- Stud-to-stud joints are overlapped by at least two rows (three in very wet conditions) and the flat area is then sealed with Wykamol Rope.
Finishings and Aftercare
- When using a stud frame finishing method, use Wykamol Brick Plugs in a vertical line, and fix the stud frame to the plugs using No. 10 screws (5 mm).
- CM3 Membrane may be overlaid with closed cell insulation before laying T&G flooring, or a conventional 65 mm of sand and cement screed can be laid.
- Normal decorating materials can be used as soon as the floor, screed or plaster finishes are dry.
- Ensure areas lacking natural ventilation have adequate means of condensation control.