CM3 Cavity Drain Mesh Membrane: Versatile Damp Proofing & Waterproofing Solution
The CM3 Cavity Drain Mesh Membrane is a premium 3mm studded membrane that features a tough HDPE mesh lathing welded to the front face. This versatile product is designed to allow for the direct application of various plaster finishes, adhesive ‘dabs’, and plasterboards, creating a grade 3 environment compliant with BS8102:2009 and NHBC Chapter 5.4 standards.
CM3 Cavity Drain Mesh Membrane Key Advantages
- Integral part of a Type C cavity drain membrane system in line with BS8102:2009.
- Swift installation process with minimal preparation required.
- Easy to fold around windows and doors and cut down with a sharp blade.
- Allows immediate redecoration with no drying out process.
- Causes little or no damage to existing structures.
- Tolerates both low and high temperatures.
- Converts damp/wet conditions into dry, habitable spaces.
- Waterproof, salt inhibiting, root and contaminate resistant.
- Now available in a 1.2-metre version to eliminate salt band issues.
- Walls, both above and below ground level, as well as Type C waterproofing applications and damp-proofing applications.
- Existing plaster, render or screed should be removed to level surfaces, preferably with Wykamol’s Universal Mortar.
- Walls suffering from mould or masonry fungi should be brushed clean and treated with Microtech Biocide before the membrane is installed.
- Dry rot in walls necessitates a detailed assessment before application.
- Fixing requires Wykamol CM Plaster Plugs or Brick Plugs, with the studs facing the wall.
- In above-ground applications, the membranes should be sealed by butt jointing and oversealing with Wykamol Fibre Tape.
Finishing and Aftercare
- The membrane can be finished using standard plastering techniques or dry-lining.
- Normal decorating materials can be used as soon as the floor, screed or plaster finishes are dry.
- A mechanical ventilation system is recommended for areas that lack natural ventilation to control condensation.